Friday, January 31, 2014

Dreams of Warmer Weather, Inklingo and Chocolate



Photo: Once in a lifetime view. The Hathaway Bridge from Panama City to Panama City Beach closed for ice.Well February is just around the corner and hopefully it will not be as cold as January. I am sure all of you agree. For the first time that I can remember, we actually had a Winter Storm Warning here in Florida. We got lots of ice, some got snow, but many roads were closed as they were very dangerous. This bridge about 20 miles from me was closed for more than a day. (picture)
 Well while the temperatures and ice were falling, I headed to the C. A. T. House (Creative Arts & Textiles) but it was originally the cats' home.


 
What a great day to work on my quilt and that is exactly what I did. I was chosen to be a designer for Island Batik fabrics for Spring Market in Pittsburgh and I am so honored. Here is a sneak peak of all the lovely fabrics that I am using for my quilt.



I also have a pattern which will appear in the February issue of The Quilt Pattern Magazine. It is hand pieced and I used Inklingo to make this quilt. I give step by step directions for my pattern which is called Star Tracks! It even made the cover so I am a "cover girl".

Linda Franz created Inklingo ( with the help of Monkey) to encourage hand piecing. This wonderful method makes it so easy and once you try it, you will be spoiled. All you have to do is follow the lines on your fabric. How do you get lines on your fabric? Well you print them with your inkjet printer and you are good to go. Linda has wonderful information plus free Inklingo shapes so get your printers ready.  






I have recently started hand appliqué  and using Cindy Mccoy's patterns from The Quilt Pattern Magazine, I have made these blocks. This pattern is for a table runner, but I may make it as a wall hanging for a friend as her favorite colors are used.






I find hand appliqué to be a lot of fun, but it can be very challenging as well. I did my first appliqué years ago. I was in Hawaii and found this wonderful design. The colors are a little faded, but I love the porpoises. I really want to do more and have some patterns picked out, but haven't found the time yet.



Please share your thoughts with me about hand piecing, appliqué and I would appreciate any pictures of your projects.

I have started a monthly newsletter and there is a special offer every month. Since February has Valentine's day  - think chocolate. Sign up here!
Until next time,
Nan

PS -

I have two guest bloggers this month, Brandy Lynn Maslowski and Anna Branch. I know you will enjoy hearing from them.  To meet my guests, read about them in my newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment